“For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.”Hebrews 6:10 (ESV)
It was an incredible day yesterday as our community spread out during the morning to find ways to serve and to reach out to others in tangible ways with the love of Jesus. As I sat and listened to story after story, both through phone messages and in person at the BBQ after Serve Sunday, I was so blown away by the true love, care, and generosity of you all, Purpose Church Claremont. Here are a few of those stories (and yet I know that there are so many more):
- I received this text from someone on Saturday: “We have had a great day so far. We decided to do our community service project this morning. The manager of the 150 unit senior apartment complex where we live furnishes coffee in the clubhouse every Saturday morning. So we got management’s permission to furnish donuts and spent from 830-1130 this morning sitting with residents, introducing ourselves and looking for opportunities to have gospel conversations. We have only lived in these apartments three months so this was an awesome opportunity to begin doing life with our neighbors.”
- A family made banana bread and went to their neighbors to bless them with homemade banana bread.
- A group of people went and helped a single mom of three make some much-needed improvements at her home, all provided by the generosity of so many in the Purpose Claremont community.
- A couple went to the hospital with their therapy dog and blessed the people there.
- A family made snack packs and distributed them with water to the homeless of Pomona, showing them love through what they gave and also showing them value in the conversations that they had with them.
- A few families joined efforts with their kiddos to pass out free lemonade at a park in Claremont, inviting them back to become part of our Purpose Claremont community.
- While we were back on the campus of Purpose Church Claremont for the 4th of July BBQ, a family showed up with four backpacks full of school supplies for foster care kids.
As I sat and listened I was humbled. As I read through messages I was overjoyed. And as I sit here this morning and write this out, I am so proud of you all. You just constantly give and give, generously sacrificing of your time and resources because you’ve taken the call to follow Jesus seriously.
So thank you. Thank you for being a community of Jesus-followers who truly love and follow Jesus. You are all absolutely amazing, and I still can’t believe that you all let me hang out with you. 🙂
Love you all more than you know,